Terms and Conditions for the Starbucks Card and the My Starbucks Rewards programme
- PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. BY ACCEPTING THESE CONDITIONS YOU ALSO ACCEPT ALL THE OTHER CONDITIONS REFERRED TO BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT JOIN THE PROGRAMME.
- PART ONE. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE STARBUCKS CARD
- Concerning your account; only for the purchase of products in participating Starbucks stores
- The Starbucks Card is issued to you by Starbucks. It allows you to load a monetary value onto a pre-paid card for future purchases in participating Starbucks stores. The Starbucks Card is treated as cash. The amount that you load onto your card can only be used for paying for goods and services in participating Starbucks stores in Austria. The Starbucks Card is not linked to any credit card, credit limit, overdraft protection or savings account. Interest, dividends or other benefits are neither bestowed on the credit on your Starbucks Card nor paid out or credited to you by Starbucks. The value that is linked to your Starbucks Card is neither insured nor guaranteed.
Your Starbucks Card is accepted as a means of payment in all Starbucks stores operated by Starbucks Coffee Austria GmbH in Austria. We reserve the right to refuse a Starbucks Card or to limit the use of a Starbucks Card if the use of your account is unauthorised, fraudulent or otherwise unlawful.
- Loading credit onto your card
- In Austria you can load credit onto your Starbucks Card using a credit card, debit card or cash in any participating Starbucks store. It is also possible to top-up your Starbucks Card online at https://card.starbucks.at using VISA or MASTERCARD (or other payment methods). The Starbucks Card must be registered first. A maximum of EUR 200 can be loaded onto your Starbucks Card. Starbucks does not accept any liability for transfer errors or technical defects.
- Automatic top-up
- Once you have registered your Starbucks Card online at https://card.starbucks.at, you can configure the automatic top-up function using VISA, MASTERCARD or other payment methods. If your credit falls below a defined limit (EUR 10 or EUR 20), you can determine how much (EUR 20, EUR 30, EUR 60, EUR 80) should be automatically added to your Starbucks Card. Your payment details must be provided for this function. The automatic top-up function can be deactivated at any time via the website or app. Once top-up has taken place, you will be automatically notified by email. Theis email contains all the information regarding the top-up process including the amount that was credited to your Starbucks Card.
- Fees and expiration period
- Starbucks does not charge you for issuing, activating, using or charging your Starbucks Card. If the Starbucks Card is not used within 24 months, the credit will expire.
- Receipts and statements
- Card holders do not receive statements detailing individual transactions on a Starbucks Card account. You can check the balance of your Starbucks Card and view recent transactions online at https://card.starbucks.at or by calling +43 (0) 800 33 00 33. You will need to have your Starbucks Card at hand to access your account. Your Starbucks Card balance is also shown on your receipt at the point of sale. The receipt proves that the purchase was made with a Starbucks Card and also lets you know how much credit you have remaining on the card. It is recommended that you retain your receipts and check them against the online transaction list to ensure that your balance is correct.
- Dealing with complaints
- We reserve the right to amend the balance on your Starbucks Card in the case of a clerical, billing or accounting error. If you have any questions regarding your account transactions or a correction, or if you wish to contest a transaction or a correction that was charged to your Starbucks Card, please call our Card Service on +43 (0) 800 33 00 33. We will carry out an investigation and correct any errors that we confirm. We will let you know the result as soon as the investigation is complete. If no errors are discovered, you will be notified accordingly. Where legally permissible, we accept no responsibility for accounting errors unless you inform us within sixty (60) days of the erroneous transaction.
- Optional registration; liability for unauthorised transactions
- As your Starbucks Card can be used as cash for purchases in participating stores, you are responsible for all transactions made using it. This includes unauthorised transactions. If your card is lost or stolen, is damaged or develops a technical defect, the credit on it is protected after registration. To register your card, please visit the website https://card.starbucks.at/register.aspx. Please inform us immediately if your registration details change or if your Starbucks Card is lost or damaged.
- Starbucks Card app
- In addition to your Starbucks Card, Starbucks can provide a Starbucks Card app or update existing Starbucks apps with a Starbucks Card function. After entering your registration details in the app, an electronic version of your Starbucks Card will be displayed. This electronic version of your Starbucks Card comprises a barcode which can be used just like your actual Starbucks Card as a method of payment in all participating Starbucks stores operated by Starbucks Coffee Austria GmbH in Austria. The electronic version of your Starbucks Card is simply a copy of the Starbucks Card and is subject to the same conditions as your Starbucks Card.
- PART TWO: GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE MY STARBUCKS REWARDS PROGRAMME
- These Terms and Conditions apply to your access to, and participation in, the My Starbucks Rewards programme which is operated by Starbucks Coffee Austria GmbH ('Starbucks') in Austria ('My Starbucks Rewards'). These Terms and Conditions do not alter in any way the terms or conditions of any other agreement you may have with Starbucks for products, services or otherwise.
- Starbucks reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions or any guideline, FAQ or clauses pertaining to My Starbucks Rewards at any time and at its sole discretion. All changes will be published online at card.starbucks.at. You are bound to accept any changes and these are deemed to be valid if you do not object to them in writing (this includes by email) within one month of receiving the message. The message itself will contain specific information from Starbucks regarding the option to contest a change as well as the consequences of not contesting the change.
- Declaration of consent regarding the use of personal data
- The personal data (email address, password, name, address, correspondence language, mobile telephone number, date of birth, preferred store) that you enter on registering for My Starbucks Rewards is used for implementing the programme. Additionally, you agree that Starbucks Coffee Austria GmbH may use your name, email address and mobile telephone number to send you information and promotional material relating to Starbucks products, promotions and offers by email or text message, provided you have agreed to receive such information. Furthermore, you agree that, in addition to the above-mentioned data, Starbucks Coffee Austria GmbH may process information collected during your participation in My Starbucks Rewards regarding frequency, location, monetary value and products linked to the use of your Starbucks Card for customer service and marketing purposes.
- You can withdraw this consent at any time by writing to Starbucks Coffee Austria GmbH, Theobaldgasse 20, 1060 Vienna, Austria or by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Programme overview
- My Starbucks Rewards is a loyalty programme through which Starbucks endeavours to reward and thank loyal customers for patronising Starbucks stores. To enrol in My Starbucks Rewards and receive programme benefits, you will first need to create an account at card.starbucks.at by registering your Starbucks Card. Starbucks Cards can be activated in participating Starbucks stores or via the Starbucks app.
- Once you have completed the registration form and clicked the 'Register' button, you will receive an email containing an activation link. After clicking this link to activate your account you will receive a confirmation email to letyou know that your account has been activated and that you are at the 'Welcome Level' of My Starbucks Rewards.
- My Starbucks Rewards benefits are determined based on the number of 'Stars' that you earn through your visits. A 'Visit' for purposes of My Starbucks Rewards means each time you use your activated, registered Starbucks Card to pay for a transaction at a participating Starbucks store in Austria. You will receive one (1) Star for each Visit.
- There are three (3) levels of benefits in My Starbucks Rewards depending on the number of Stars that you accumulate in your account. By registering a Starbucks Card, you will be automatically enrolled in My Starbucks Rewards at the Welcome Level. Earn at least five (5) Stars within the twelve (12) month period following your enrolment date and you will proceed to the Green Level. Earn at least thirty (30) Stars within the twelve (12) month period following your enrolment date and you will proceed to the Gold Level.
- As soon as you have achieved a certain level within the My Starbucks Rewards programme, you receive the benefits associated with this level for a period of 12 months. In order to remain at this level after the 12 months, you needto continue to make Visits and collect Stars:
- • To maintain Welcome Level benefits for a further year you need to earn at least one (1) new Star during the 12 month period following your enrolment date or each extension date.
- • To maintain Green Level benefits, you need to earn at least five (5) new Stars during the 12 month period following your enrolment date or each extension date.
- • To maintain Gold Level benefits, you need to earn at least thirty (30) new Stars during the 12 month period following your enrolment date or each extension date.
- Welcome Level
- Once you have set up an account and registered your Starbucks Card, you will be automatically enrolled in My Starbucks Rewards at the 'Welcome Level' and are entitled to the following:
- • 5 stars upon registration
- • A free cake when you reload your card with CHF 50 or more
- • Exclusive offers via the newsletter (registration required)
- • Free use of the mobile app.
- • Various additional benefits, e.g. extra Stars (details available in store)
- Green Level
- Once you have collected five (5) Stars within a period of twelve (12) consecutive months, you will proceed from the Welcome Level to the 'Green Level' and are eligible for the following benefits:
- • Welcome Level benefits
- • Complimentary syrups:
Syrups are subject to availability. Starbucks reserves the right to change the selection of complimentary syrups at any time without notification and at its sole discretion.
- • Complimentary refills of filter coffee and tea (full leaf tea) during your store visit:
In order to receive your refill, you need to use your registered Starbucks Card to pay for a hot filter coffee or tea (full leaf tea) and then present this Starbucks Card during the same visit for the refill. This benefit is non-transferable.
- • Complimentary Tall drink of your choice with the purchase of one (1) packet of whole Starbucks® coffee beans. The complimentary Tall drink must be taken at the time of purchasing the packet of whole Starbucks® coffee beans.
- Before you proceed from 'Green Level' to 'Gold Level', you will receive an email confirming that you will soon move up to 'Gold Level'. The email also gives you the opportunity to sign up to a mailing list in order to receive exclusive member offers and vouchers.
- Gold Level
- After thirty (30) visits within a period of twelve (12) consecutive months you will proceed to the 'Gold Level' where you are entitled to the following benefits:
- • All Welcome and Green Level benefits (as described above)
- • A complimentary drink the first time you achieve Gold status:
- Once you have reached Gold Level, your voucher for a complimentary drink will be sent to the email address registered on your account. The voucher expires one year after the date of issue. Present the barista with your voucher or the voucher number in order to receive your complimentary drink. Only one complimentary drink is issued per person per email address.
- Ways to earn complimentary drinks:
- Once you have reached Gold Level, and for as long as you remain there, you will receive a voucher by email after every fifteen (15) visits. The complimentary drink voucher is valid for one (1) complimentary drink of your choice in participating Austrian Starbucks stores. The voucher is valid for thirty (30) days from the date of issue. Present the barista with your voucher or the voucher number in order to receive your complimentary drink.
- • Complimentary drink on your birthday:
- A complimentary drink of your choice on your birthday in participating Austrian stores. Your voucher for a complimentary drink will be sent to the email address registered on your account during the month preceding your birthday and will expire approximately thirty (30) days after the mailing date. Present the barista with your voucher or the voucher number in order to receive your complimentary drink. Only one birthday drink is issued per person per email address.
- • Complimentary toppings:
- When you use your registered Starbucks Card to purchase a drink, you will receive free toppings.
- • Complimentary drink personalisation:
- When you buy a drink using your registered Starbucks Card, you can personalise your drink with a free add-on (excludes espresso shots).
- This agreement regarding your participation in My Starbucks Rewards is concluded in English or German depending on your choice.
- There are no membership fees associated with My Starbucks Rewards. Stars accumulated under the programme have no cash value and no cash equivalent will be paid out during your participation in My Starbucks Rewards or when, for whatever reason, you decide to stop using the programme.
- Your Stars, benefits, registered Starbucks Card(s) and your account under the My Starbucks Rewards programme are personal to you and may not be sold, transferred or assigned to or shared with family, friends or others.
- Your participation in My Starbucks Rewards is based on a contract not limited by time. You can cancel your My Starbucks Rewards membership at any time online at card.starbucks.at. Cancellation is with immediate effect.
- Starbucks reserves the right to terminate your participation in My Starbucks Rewards at the end of any calendar month by giving three (3) months notice in writing (including by email) sent to the address registered on your Starbucks account.
- Furthermore, Starbucks reserves the right to terminate your account and/or your participation in My Starbucks Rewards if Starbucks believes that you have violated these Terms and Conditions or that the use of your account is unauthorised, fraudulent or otherwise unlawful or in violation of these Terms and Conditions.
- Starbucks also reserves the right to cancel the registration of any Starbucks Card that has been inactive for two (2) consecutive years and make it ineligible for the My Starbucks Rewards programme. Inactive is defined as no purchase activity.
- Starbucks reserves the right to terminate your participation in My Starbucks Rewards at its sole discretion at the end of any calendar month by giving three (3) months notice in writing (including by email) sent to the address registered on your Starbucks account.
- You can inform Starbucks of a change to your address or name at any time in writing (including by email). Starbucks would like to point out that deliveries and explanations from Starbucks sent to the address (including email address) registered to your account, are deemed to have been effectively dispatched to you if you have not notified Starbucks of a change to your address.
- Where legally permissible, we are only liable for intentional or grossly negligent damages.
- The programme is valid in all participating Starbucks stores in Austria.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to Austrian law without regard to the conflict of laws principles thereof and the conditions of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG).
- Enquiries and questions
- If you would have any questions regarding either these General Terms and Conditions or your Starbucks Card, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +43 (0) 800 33 00 33.
Starbucks Coffee Austria GmbH
1060 Vienna, Austria
- Last updated: May 2015
Starbucks Coffee Austria GmbH
Theobaldgasse 20, 1060 Vienna, Austria
Tel. + 43 1 33 66 33
Fax. + 43 1 33 66 33 3900
FN 210588 p, Commercial Court Vienna